Tuesday 19 August 2014

Indian Cricketer Suresh Raina Chats Exclusively About Fitness,Training,Food And Style With Celebrity Fitness Expert Bhumicka Singh

This Celebrity needs no introduction.Meeting Him over a cup of coffee he is as charismatic as he is Talented..One of the most positive people his smile lights up the ambiance. He is a complete Fitness freak and talks about it with some passion and im completely Delighted to have him speak for my Celebrity Blog segment of www.bhumicka.com.As i write this article im wondering if my introduction will Do justice to him nevertheless here i go.He is an attacking left-handed middle-order batsman and an occasional off-spin bowler. He plays for Uttar Pradesh in all forms of domestic cricket and is the vice-captain of Chennai super kings in the Indian Premier League. He has also captained the Indian cricket team and is the second youngest player to captain India. He is only Indian to score a century in all three formats of the game. He is also the highest run-getter and has taken the most catches in the IPL.He holds the record for having played the 2nd most ODIs before making Test debut. He was a part of India's World Cup winning team of 2011.He also

  • Becomes first player to score 3000 runs in IPL
  • Holds the record of most no. of catches (52) in IPL.
  • Second player (after Chris Gayle) and the first Indian to hit 100 sixes in IPL.
  • Has scored over 400 runs in every IPL season.
  • First and only Indian to have scored an IPL and T20I century (both were scored on 2 May in 2010 and 2013 respectively)
  • Only Indian to have hit a century in the T20 World Cup.
  • Third batsman in the world to hit a T20 century.
Highest strike rate in ipl history.348 (minimum 50 runs) Phewwwwwwww..Oh and very few know he is an extremely good dancer.I present You None Other Than SURESH RAINA who chats with me about his passion,discipline,fitness secrets and style and ofcourse we take some selfies on www.bhumicka.com

When Did You Start Your Fitness Journey? 
My Love For Fitness Started When I Was 13 and was studying at a boarding school In lucknow.I Became disciplined at a very young age From sleeping at 10 pm at night to waking up at 5 am which i did for 13 years of my life.I attended the early morning assembly and did the running rounds on the ground thereafter. For me fitness is about knowing my body and knowing what is best .Fitness means getting a good 8 hours of sleep,knowing what you eat and knowing what to workout.I love to eat a healthy breakfast and Drinking plenty of water and juices throughout the day.It is also important to be happy and enjoy life and surround yourself with positive people.You only live once and should live to the fullest.1 0 years playing for the Indian cricket team fitness is a very crucial part of my life





Tell us a bit about your training and Diet
I train with my trainer who is part of the Chennai Super Kings IPL Team.I am very active and practice a lot depending on my match schedule.I prefer homemade food like dal roti and when im on tour travelling i like eating Chinese,and plenty of sea food like lobster and basil fish.I stay away from fried food and junk.I make it a point to drink 4-5 liters of water each day to keep my self hydrated and fresh 
Who is your role model-
I admire Rahul dravid from our cricket team,Basketball Player Micheal Jordan And Boxer Mohammad Ali

What do you like to indulge in?
I keep a pretty balanced diet and very consistent with it.Even if i go out dining with friends i enjoy and keep my limits.As a kid i liked sweets and ate a lot of Jaggery but in present day sweets are very occasional and limited to Festivals.I believe if you indulge in 3000 calories you should burn off 4000 


What is your fav workout?
I like doing cardio and also going to the gym.I did have a knee operation a couple of years back which changed a bit of my routine to more lower body workouts.I love playing basketball,badminton and squash and love to add variety to my routine

Tell us a bit about your Dressing style off the field?
I like wearing Collar t shirt and jeans when its casual.If i step out into a formal environment i sport a jacket and even kurtas at time.

A tip for your readers and all your fans?
You should not listen to any one but your own body and mind.Fitness is about feeling young and energetic  at all times.You may be a millionaire but true wealth is fitness.Without good health all the richness is futile.Do  the hard work and do not believe in short cuts.Sweat it out religiously keep hitting the bar till you get success and do not give up.



Would you like to say a work or two about me?
Bhumicka you a doing a great job in the field of  Fitness.I know you are very disciplined and a true professional.I must compliment you that You are also an excellent dancer so keep up the good work.